September marks the transition from summer to autumn and gives us wonderful products of the earth, such as apples, with which we can prepare a very creamy, lightly spiced and lemon-scented porridge.
A delicious treat, full of good ingredients, including fiber and good fats and free of added sugars.
Before moving on to the recipe for this mouth-watering Apple Pie porridge, let's find out a little more about today's stars: apples!
Properties and benefits
The apple is a fruit belonging to the Rosaceae family and is native to Central Asia.
The energy content of an average fruit (about 200-240g), is rather moderate and consists mainly of carbohydrates (deriving from fructose), few Protein and only traces of lipids.
Apples are sources of a beneficial Fibre: pectin . In fact, pectin is a soluble fiber that is particularly healthy for our colon and for the functionality of our digestion.
The fermentation of pectin by the intestinal bacterial flora creates short-chain fatty acids, which work positively against the risk of colon cancer.
This polysaccharide has a "modulating" effect, ie normalizes intestinal peristalsis, counteracting swelling, constipation, constipation and bloating. This fruit is also rich in quercetin, a bioflavonoid with antioxidant Energy that protects the lungs.
Apples are an excellent aid against hunger , in particular, to be used during low-calorie diets or restrictive diets, because they have a high satiating Energy. In the clinical field, in fact, food plans are developed including an apple to be consumed 30-20 minutes before the main meals, so as to speed up the arrival of the feeling of satiety.
It is always advisable to consume them with the peel, especially if they come from organic farming, since that is the seat of most of the fiber, as well as vitamins and minerals.
- 40 g Jumbo rolled oats
- 30 g cream flavored oatmeal
- 200 ml of water
- 100 ml vegetable drink without sugar or cow's milk
- to taste vanilla extract
- grated lemon zest
- 100 g apple
- erythritol powder
- 1 teaspoon of peanut cream
- cream (optional)
- Put the cream flavored oatmeal, jumbo oat flakes, water and vegetable drink with no added sugar or, alternatively, milk in a saucepan. Finally add the vanilla extract and the grated lemon zest.
- Put the saucepan on the stove over low heat and stir occasionally, until you get a creamy porridge. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of powdered erythritol.
- Separately, wash and dry an organic apple, cut it into wedges, remove the internal seeds and cut the wedges into small cubes.
- Cook the apple pieces in the microwave at 900w for 2 'or in a saucepan with 50 ml of water for 5'.
- Pour the porridge into a large cup; then, add the previously cooked apples and the peanut cream.
- Sprinkle the surface of the porridge with ground cinnamon and finish the recipe with spray cream.
It is recommended to be consumed on the spot but can also be enjoyed cold.
It can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
The apple is an extremely versatile fruit in the kitchen and is well suited for the preparation of desserts.
Using the apple as an additional ingredient in the preparation of a creamy oat porridge, you get a richer and more substantial meal, you increase the fiber content and, consequently, you will experience a longer lasting feeling of satiety by eating the porridge! By adding ground cinnamon to porridge, you can emphasize even more the flavor of this recipe, perfect for a tasty and healthy breakfast but also as a sweet snack.