Tandoori Masala is a mix of North Indian spices, used as a condiment for different dishes of traditional Indian cuisine, which combines the flavours and aromas of these lands with the special beneficial properties of spices on our body.
It has been known for centuries that almost all spices have many beneficial properties for our health. Each Masala possesses different properties depending on the spices that compose it.
Tandoori Masala brings particular benefits to the digestive and intestinal systems. It stimulates the gastric mucosa and has the ability to act as a natural antibacterial.
Particularly useful to counteract the feeling of nausea and vomiting and exert a protective function on the liver.
In addition, the usual consumption of spices helps to decrease the intake of salt.
Getting accustomed to spices, in fact, leads the palate to seek less flavour in the dishes that you are tasting.
Eating more tasty and appetizing meals also helps you to feel satiety.
Cauliflower, lentils and cashews Tandoori Masala
- 500 gr. cauliflower;
- 1 chopped white onion;
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut milk (150 gr.);
- 2 tablespoons honey or molasses;
- 1 tablespoon cashew cream;
- 150 g cooked lentils;
- q.b. Black sesame;
- q.b. Hot water (about 300ml);
- 1 Tandoori Masala spoon;
- 3 handfuls of kale (kale);
- q.b. Salt.
- Wash dry and cut cabbage.
- In a frying pan put the cauliflower, finely chopped onion, and 1 glass of hot water. Cover with lid and leave to cook until the onion is wilted and the cabbage is softened.
- At this point pour the lentils, coconut milk, honey, cashew cream and all other ingredients, leaving aside 1 handful of cabbage.
- Leave to cook until a nice cream is formed.
- Season to taste with salt and serve to add a handful of cabbage raw.
To create the Tandoori Masala spice mix
- 2 tablespoons coriander;
- 1 ½ cumin spoon;
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder;
- 1 teaspoon onion powder;
- 1 teaspoon paprika;
- 1 teaspoon star anise;
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder;
- 1 teaspoon cloves;
- 1 teaspoon max;
- 1 teaspoon Greek proud;
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon;
- 1 teaspoon black pepper;
- 1 teaspoon cardamom;
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg.
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl, stir with a wooden spoon and transfer the spice mix into a clean, dry container with a hermetically sealed lid.
- The spice mix should be stored at room temperature, away from sources of heat and moisture.
We saw how easy it is to use cauliflower and lentils to make a delicious and spicy dish. The sweet and characteristic flavour of the cashew cream contributes to making this contour unique and exquisite.
Tandoori Masala is a Masala that has peculiar beneficial properties for our organism. You can make it at home by creating the exact mix of spices, so it will already be ready to use.