What is the bowl?
The bowl is a healthy and delicious main dish that has recently become a real food trend with numerous recipes and variations, the most famous of which are the Buddha bowl (vegetarian or vegan bowl), the traditional Hawaiian poke bowl with raw diced fish ("poke" in Hawaiian means "diced") and the acai bowl, ideal for breakfast.
The recipe for preparing an excellent bowl follows a very simple principle: compose a complete and balanced meal with a good balance of all essential macronutrients: carbohydrates, proteins, and unsaturated fats. This delicious bowl is well suited for the hot season, as it should be eaten cold, and is excellent for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
How to prepare the perfect bowl
An essential ingredient for the bowl? Avocado, of course!
Credits: Le Fit Bistrot
To prepare a fabulous bowl just follow these steps and compose the ingredients in layers from the base of our bowl to the topping.
- Carbohydrates. First, choose a cereal that will form the base of your bowl. Brown rice, basmati rice, black rice, quinoa, for example, are well-suited options.
- Proteins. Choose an animal or vegetable protein source, for example, chicken, turkey, eggs, salmon, tuna, tofu, tempeh or legumes.
- Fats. As a source of fat, avocado is a fantastic option to add irresistible creaminess to your bowl. Dried fruit or seeds, on the other hand, will give the crunchy note.
- Fruit. Choose a fresh fruit that goes well with the other ingredients in the bowl. For example, pineapple, mango, papaya, grapefruit, orange are perfect with all the protein sources listed above, giving that nice sweet and sour touch.
- Vegetables. Vegetables are great both cooked and raw, you can opt for bean sprouts, seaweed, julienne carrots or any other vegetable you love.
- Dressing and condiments. Among the options, there is EVO oil, Greek yogurt-based sauce, Tahini, Teriyaki sauce, Barbecue sauce.
The final result of the recipe: a mouthwatering bowl!
Credits: Le Fit Bistrot
Here's how to make the recipe for a protein-rich, light bowl that will surprise all diners with its explosion of flavors and textures. Tasting is believing!
Black rice will be the main ingredient of the bow. I prefer black rice to white rice because it contains higher quantities of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, in particular iron and selenium, and it is also extremely digestible. Black rice is also naturally very fragrant and has a characteristic crunchy flavor that it retains even when cold.
Avocado will be the bowl's lipid source. Its monounsaturated fats are beneficial for our cardiovascular health and help prevent diabetes. Avocado nutrients participate in reducing bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, increasing the assimilation of antioxidants and nourishing our skin and hair.
Pineapple will be the sweet note of our bowl. Pineapple also provides many beneficial elements such as vitamin C, folic acid, B vitamins, magnesium and potassium, pineapple improves digestion and has draining and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lastly, grapefruit juice is the fresh and bitter touch of our bowl. It has purifying, draining and antioxidant properties, and is a valuable source of lycopene and vitamin C.
Let's see how to use these ingredients to compose a highly satiating and balanced bowl!
Watch the video recipe with all the steps to make up your bowl!
C 80g, F 13,6g, P 33g
Bowl recipe: Conclusion
We have seen all points to keep in mind to prepare a perfect, delicious Bowl for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. By following the recipe, the result is guaranteed! Continue to follow our Instagram pages (@iafstore and @lefitbistrot) for lots of new recipes!