The 100% organic Smile Crunch hazelnut cream is a delicious spreadable cream that contains exclusively hazelnuts from organic farming, without added sugar, salt, chocolate, milk, artificial flavors or thickeners.
Unlike other creams on the market, where hazelnuts use is about 10% of the product; in this new cream, hazelnuts represent 100% of the ingredients, giving a creamy and velvety consistency thanks to a "sweet" working process, which gently amalgamates the natural oils contained in these oil seeds. Being sugar-free and without artificial sweeteners, it is perfect for preparing sweet and savory recipes, and can also be consumed without worries even by those who follow a vegan diet.
Before revealing a way to use this cream to make a light and protein-rich dessert, let's find out more about hazelnuts!
Nutritional values of hazelnuts
Hazelnuts belong to the family of dried nuts. Per 100g they bring about 628 kcal and much of their energy is given by polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, of which omega 3 are the most represented. Nutritional values per 100g of hazelnuts:
- Energy 2699kJ / 654kcal
- Fat 61g
- of which saturated fats 4.5g
- of which monounsaturated 46g
- of which polyunsaturated fatty acids 7.9g
- Carbohydrates 7.0g
- of which sugars 4.3g
- Fibers 9.7g
- Protein 15g
- Salt 0.0g
- Vitamin E 15mg
- Vitamin K 14mcg
- Thiamine (B1) 0.6mg
- Vitamin B 60.6mg
- Folic acid (B9) 113mcg
- Potassium 680 mg
- Phosphorus 290 mg
- Magnesium 163 mg
- Iron 4.7 mg
- Zinc 2.5 mg
- Copper 1.5 mg
- Manganese 4.5 mg
The oil contained in the hazelnut cream has remarkable astringent, cicatrizing and anti-inflammatory properties, and is an excellent ally for skin care, as it helps us protect it from dryness and loss of elasticity.
Hazelnuts are rich in oleic acid, (the same of which our beloved extra virgin olive oil is rich), they are an excellent source of fiber, that helps the intestinal transit and increases the sense of satiety. Phytosterols then act in the intestine and reduce the absorption of cholesterol. Hazelnuts also have the highest proanthocyanidin content.
One of the flagships of this fruit is vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects against the action of free radicals and environmental pollution, helping to maintain healthy and young tissues, including those of the skin.
Hazelnuts are also rich in folate (vitamin B9), useful for the formation of red blood cells and for the functioning of the nervous system, and are also excellent sources of potassium, phosphorus, and calcium. In short, a real super-food!
Recipe with hazelnut cream
Credits: Giorgia Baglio - Le Fit Bistrot
The recipe I propose is a roll filled with hazelnut cream and casein cream. It is a delicious vegan protein-rich dessert with no added sugar, to taste when you want!
- 3 medium eggs
- 50g Erythritol
- 50g Corn starch
- 40g Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla yeast for cakes
- Vanilla flavoring
For the stuffing:
- First, separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with the sweetener until stiff. Make sure that the bowl is cold, whisk until stiff and then add the egg yolks.
- Mix from top to bottom.
- Add the sifted corn starch.
- Then switch to coconut oil. I heated it 20 seconds in the microwave at 900w to make it liquid.
- Add the vanilla essence and vanilla baking powder.
- Preheat the static oven to 170 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Level the surface to spread the dough evenly. You will need to form a rectangle.
- Bake in the middle of the oven and cook for 10 to 13 minutes. It will depend a lot on your oven.
- Make sure you don't cook too much.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, create the cream with the proteins. Weigh 40g of caseins and add some vegetable milk or water, and mix until creamy. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Assemble the roll by spreading the hazelnut cream first and then the hazelnut cream.
- Start rolling a flap inward.
- Once the roll is formed, leave it to rest at room temperature.
- Now all you have to do is form many slices to be enjoyed immediately or to be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days!
Macros: 1/8: C 6.9g F 10.1g P 7.3g
Hazelnut cream is a food that brings many benefits and is a very versatile ingredient in the kitchen. If you liked the recipe, discover all the other recipes in our section by following @Iafstoreitalia on Instagram!