Slimming thighs and glutes
The role of hormones in weight loss
How to approach localized fat on the thighs?
- Controlled diet. In many cases, a low-calorie diet or in any case capable of causing an increase in metabolism is fine;
- Intense training program. Or at least, intense enough to produce adequate energy consumption;
- Supplement support. There are specific products based on natural extracts or amino acids that help increase thermogenesis, lipolysis, and drainage of liquids.
So, if it is true that, in principle, it is not correct to speak of localized weight loss, it is equally true that developing muscle mass will produce an increase in metabolism and greater energy consumption that will burn excess fat. Remember that about 50% of the body's musculature is located in the legs and buttocks. Therefore, promoting the development of muscle mass (the living tissue that requires nourishment and energy, supplied with blood and oxygen) is the "keystone" to trigger the slimming process.
3 exercises to slim thighs and glutes
To eliminate fat in the lower part of the body, it is advisable to prefer training with weights or, in any case, of such intensity as to produce an anabolic effect capable to increase the metabolism - the real secret (not secret!) of the weight loss process. Here are 3 of the best exercises to slim and define thighs and buttocks.
1. Bulgarian Squat, with or without weights
The Bulgarian Squat is an exercise that engages the muscles of the glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and core. The thing that makes the Bulgarian Squat an optimal version of the classic squat is the greater activation of the posterior chain.
The important thing is to remember to: tilt the torso slightly forward, place only the tip of the rear foot, not the neck, push with the heel in the concentric phase, and space the feet well so as not to excessively flex the knee (3/4 steps away, just to make the descent smooth). Then pay attention to the position of the feet, which are not in line but as wide as the pelvis. The weight of the body is well distributed on the resting foot, with the knee in line with the ankle. One final note: always remember that the body lifts thanks to the push of the foot, not the back!
2. Multipower Squat (Smith Machine)
The Smith Machine squat is an excellent variant of the classic squat to work the quadriceps and, in a synergistic way, the hip adductors, the buttocks, the soleus. As a starting position, the barbell should be locked to the Smith Machine at a height that is slightly below our shoulders. After loading it, grab the barbell with a prone grip while maintaining a slightly greater distance than the shoulders. Aligned in the center of the bar, put your head under the bar resting it behind your shoulders and check your feet: the toes must be slightly forward of the body and the feet will be parallel and a little wider than the shoulders. During the push-up, the eyes must always be directed in front of you and the knees must not form an angle of less than 90 °.
3. Leg Press
Have a good workout!
Model: Asia Callegari, atleta bikini IFBB Pro League, Team Yamamoto/ IAFSTORE
- Sherwood.L., Fondamenti di Fisiologia,Edizione italiana a cura di F.Bodega, D.Brambilla, G.Cerri, M.Montagna, C.Sironi. Casa Editrice Piccin, Padova.
- Martini F.H,Tallitsch R.B.,Nath J.L., Anatomia Umana, Casa Editrice Edi SES S.r.l, Napoli.